View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
Radio
Administrator

Default Shading the shower sky light

You might recall I had posted about having a crack in the outside "bubble" of my shower sky light. Well, the patch seems to be pretty well water tight. I had taken the inner panel down to allow things to dry out and to inspect for leaks. With the major thunderstorms we have had of late, I am now certain there are no leaks and it's time to put the inner panel back up.

Then I had a thought. Since the sunlight coming down through the skylight is so intensely bright and heats up the trailer, too, why not temper it just a bit while we have the skylight apart?

I needed something just laying around, something paid for that I don't have to go get. After some scratching about, I came up with, get this, parchment paper. (Bakers paper)

First I cut a piece to fit the clear opening in the panel. Then I discovered that no kind of tape will stick to parchment paper. I didn't want to use a permanent adhesive either. So I just pulled a large piece off the roll and stuffed the whole thing up in there.

Now the light is not near as bright and is softly diffused. And cost me nothing but some time.

KU4OJ "Wade" Ships Captain, CFO, Chief Engineer
KG4DQQ "Kathy" 1st Officer, Navigator, Best Friend
2007 F-150 SuperCab - 2009 Rockwood 8280SS
Lot's of mostly Kenwood stuff

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote