Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Old 03-24-2012, 06:10 AM   #21
W9WLS
Senior Blame Catcher

Send a message via Yahoo to W9WLS
Smile

Glad to hear that you have something going Ken !

I never have thought much of "Kelly's" way of doing thing's but if it put's $$ in your pocket that's a good thing.
I'd still keep an eye out for something that is not through a "SERVICE" though.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #22
Radio
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Well, (and that is a deep subject) I accepted a contract position with Dow Chemical for about 3% less than i was making. It is through Kelly Services and they have full benefits, matching 401K and paid time off. I start to work on April 2nd.

They have an extensive screening and background check that will take a week to complete.

Ken
WOW. That was mercifully short and the cut livable. I have had a contract with Kelly before and they seem to be a good company to work for. And I haven't heard too many complaints about Dow Chemical either.

This might turn out well. But that is a deep subject.

How is the wife?

KU4OJ "Wade" Ships Captain, CFO, Chief Engineer
KG4DQQ "Kathy" 1st Officer, Navigator, Best Friend
2007 F-150 SuperCab - 2009 Rockwood 8280SS
Lot's of mostly Kenwood stuff

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:17 AM   #23
TXiceman

John, Kelly Services is not a service company. They are a staffing agency. My wife had worked for them in the past and they seem to do pretty good by the people working for them.

Seems a lot of companies are going the temp route now. They don;t have to worry about any of the staffing issued, less human resources and headaches. The client company pays a flat rate to Kelly for my services it is a tax advantage for them.

They have a few folks that have been there for 6 or 7 years now.

I really only work for another 1-1/2 years and then cut back to part time and get to enjoy life. Hope we can hit the road in a couple of years at the most.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Ken
Base unit...Kenwood TS480HX, LDG AT200 Pro tuner, Eagle One Vertical and Windom 80 meter dipole.
Standard Schnauzer..her call is K9WOOF
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:36 PM   #24
W9WLS
Senior Blame Catcher

Send a message via Yahoo to W9WLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
John, Kelly Services is not a service company. They are a staffing agency. My wife had worked for them in the past and they seem to do pretty good by the people working for them.

Seems a lot of companies are going the temp route now. They don;t have to worry about any of the staffing issued, less human resources and headaches. The client company pays a flat rate to Kelly for my services it is a tax advantage for them.

They have a few folks that have been there for 6 or 7 years now.

I really only work for another 1-1/2 years and then cut back to part time and get to enjoy life. Hope we can hit the road in a couple of years at the most.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Ken
You folks call them a "STAFFING" company ,,, up here we call them a service company because they provide a staffing service and usually take a cut for doing so until such a time as the person THEY provide becomes a FULL HIRE to what ever company they provided their service to in the first place and even then if I remember they get a commission of some sort.

Really doesn't matter much, your back to work and that's what count's !
Old 03-25-2012, 07:22 AM   #25
One Country Boy

Yes Ken, as Wade said, please keep us updated on your situation. I don't think you answered the question on how your XYL was? If you did, I missed it. Hope she is doing OK?

This thing about the new employer checking you out before the hire. If they find out you are a member of this group, you may never get passed security.

Good luck to you Ken. Keep us updated.

Old 03-25-2012, 08:51 AM   #26
WD8QBQ

Talking

Glad your back to work Ken. Starting April 2, well that gives you piece of mind.

Had it been start on April 1, well that would be suspect........

JIM
WD8QBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #27
TXiceman

The XYL is getting around on one crutch and goes back to the ortho DR on Wednesday, hopefully to get a shorter walking cast.

Ken
Base unit...Kenwood TS480HX, LDG AT200 Pro tuner, Eagle One Vertical and Windom 80 meter dipole.
Standard Schnauzer..her call is K9WOOF
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote