Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Old 09-18-2019, 10:38 AM   #1
abeebe

Default Hello from Colorado

Hello forum....

I just joined this forum, and thought I would say hello.

A little about me:
I live in Colorado and love to camp as much as I can. Of course, with a full-time job and volunteer activities, I don't get to do it as much as I would like, but I still enjoy it. I am married with two kids, but one is in college and the other is a senior in High School.

I earned my ham license just a couple of years ago, but have upgraded to Amateur Extra this past spring. I also volunteer as a VE in a local group, so that also keeps me busy.

I noticed that the calendar only goes up to December 2010, is this due to inactivity on these forums, or loss of interest in the web page? Does this group have regularly scheduled nets, or do you all just use other nets by other groups?

I look forward to participating in the forums and I hope I can give knowledgeable advice, as well as find some helpful hints or ideas.

Happy RVing and hamming it up...

Alan
73, w0aeb
abeebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 04:45 PM   #2
N3LYT

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeebe View Post
Hello forum....

I just joined this forum, and thought I would say hello.

A little about me:
I live in Colorado and love to camp as much as I can. Of course, with a full-time job and volunteer activities, I don't get to do it as much as I would like, but I still enjoy it. I am married with two kids, but one is in college and the other is a senior in High School.

I earned my ham license just a couple of years ago, but have upgraded to Amateur Extra this past spring. I also volunteer as a VE in a local group, so that also keeps me busy.

I noticed that the calendar only goes up to December 2010, is this due to inactivity on these forums, or loss of interest in the web page? Does this group have regularly scheduled nets, or do you all just use other nets by other groups?

I look forward to participating in the forums and I hope I can give knowledgeable advice, as well as find some helpful hints or ideas.

Happy RVing and hamming it up...

Alan
73, w0aeb
Yes sadly it is. there are a lot of camping hams out there.
N3LYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 10:05 AM   #3
Paul Stewart

Welcome adeede!

Thank you for the great introduction.

Like you I am fairly new to HAM, about 1 1/2 years. Got my tech and gen the same day and two months later got the extra, glad the testing is behind me! Now unlike you I am old, but I am enjoying my Ham Friends. Family circumstances have limited my travel but I hopE to get back to it in the future.

I have two issues/concerns I try to promote: 1. Get EVERYONE, ESPECIALLY younger persons interested in HAM, and 2. Get us ALL to use and monitor 146.52 as I see it as the most valuable opportunity we have to help ourselves and others AND to make our hobby better.

Welcome, please post often.

N6PAS
Paul Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote