Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Old 04-06-2008, 09:32 AM   #1
k3mp

Send a message via AIM to k3mp
Default Yaesu VX-150 2M HT

Just picked up a VX-150 2M HT yesterday at the Cherryville Hamfest in NJ..nice little HT, easy to program and the price is walking around change...$118.00..big difference from my first HT back in the early 90's...about $200.00 difference...just got done putting in some our local repeater freqs...haven't used an HT in about 12 years...just wanted one to hang on the belt when outside working on the lawn and garden...Does anyone else have one of these and any comments good or bad about it..Thanks to all...73
Rig - Icom 706, Ant - Comet UHV-6, LDG Z-100 tuner
https://www.enter.net/~k3mp
k3mp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:09 AM   #2
N7OQ

Wow what a nice price it is amazing how things get smaller, tons more features, better, and cheaper in price. I have a old brick size rock bound HT in my junk box and I'd bet it cost the price of 3 of those you just bought.

For me I'm not a HT guy, I have owned dozens of different HT's and then I never use them and end up selling them. I have one right now, Kenwood TH-F6A tribander, 144,220,440 with a receiver that covers HF with SSB. This radio has everything and I can't remember the last time I used it. So like all the radios in the past I will sell it and some day I will buy another one that collects dust.
Licensed in 1978 ex N7AFX, DA1VW, KK6GR
N7OQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:43 AM   #3
k3mp

Send a message via AIM to k3mp

All my ham friends that I shoot the bull with have them, so I decided to get one just to have it with me where ever I am in the house....also, I help alot with ARES/RACES and they will either call on the phone when we are needed or use the radio..that way I have things at hand...I too have an old brick for my first 2 mtr...but this is nice...too bad its not being used as much anymore. We used to have a great watchdog on our local repeater for the one club I belong to but he became a SK about 3 years ago and is sorely missed. W3PYF,Clarence, was our club welcome committee to the repeater...since his death, no one monitors like that anymore...he was always there, what a great Elmer he was, what a wealth of knowledge...now his son Mel has his father's call but lives in New England states. At least now I can have HF and 2M on at the same time in the vehicle.
Rig - Icom 706, Ant - Comet UHV-6, LDG Z-100 tuner
https://www.enter.net/~k3mp
k3mp is offline   Reply With Quote