Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2009, 04:28 PM   #1
tcbetka

Default New member

Hello folks, Tom here--KF9QL.

I have an Advanced license, but haven't used it for several years due to college, graduation school and then post-graduate training. But I have been wanting to get back into HAM radio for a couple years now, and am trying to get things going again.

We have had a class C RV for the past 6 years, but recently purchased a 1997 Holiday Rambler DP unit with one slide-out. It isn't perfect, but it's in great condition--but there are some things that need to be fixed. But we now have something that is the right size for us, and I don't mind spending a couple years getting it fixed up like we want it. We've only owned it a few months, and already have made significant improvements...

Well, that's enough for now I suppose. I plan to break out the old HAM radio training book and brush up on some theory. I am looking at buying a nice mobile rig with computer interface capabilities--and thus far I like the looks of the Yaesu FT-857D and the Icom IC-7000. As far as antennas go, I have no idea yet, as there are (seemingly) so many possibilities to consider.

This seems like a great site to hang out and learn about RVs & HAM radios though, so I am very glad to have found it.

Nice to meet all of you, I'm sure.

TB
tcbetka is offline   Reply With Quote