Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Old 02-06-2016, 09:31 AM   #1
NN5I
Carl, nn5i

Default Orlando Hamcation

Any ORR folks (besides me) going to the Orlando Hamcation next weekend? Old friend WI5G is coming from Texas and will pick me up in Tallahassee; we'll be there, probably, all three days.

Hamcation is one of the really good ones, right up there with Dallas Ham-Com, and I like it better than Dayton.

Today's NWS forecast for the Orlando area next weekend is clear, sunny, about 70 degrees.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:43 AM   #2
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Alas I can not come. Still need a new engine, Only 50 miles north of Flordia.

If anyone is traveling I-95 and woudl like an overnight say about 49 miles before the flordia line, Take Exit 49, if headed TOWARD flordia turn right 3 miles.. Just before you get to where I am the road forks.. The road you are on makes a hard right... But another road continues STRAIGHT. you will see a large mostly white sign about a quarter mile down that road, right after a white rail fence.. Well imagine a big X on that sign cause X marks the spot. Yup, that's where I am, Site 12.

If coming FROM Flordia (It's about a good day out of Orlando) Turn LEFT comign off the freeway.

YES. there is construction (on the road you exit to) but most of it is south of the freeway or over it, It will not be a problem.. They are widening the interchange.

FOOD.. Waffle House is on the other side of the freeway. Wendy's Burger something, KFC/Tacco Bell and a decent mexican sit down (not great but deceant) all right there. Ruby Tuesday's and Dairy Queen (NOTE: RV's do not fit well in the Waffle house but if it's Breakfast time park at DQ next door)

If you want to go First Class... Skippers Fish Camp is only about 5 miles from where I'm parked (2 from the Freeway) Dinner for two, No booze, 70 bucks, but best seafood I've had period.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote