Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2015, 01:53 PM   #1
electricflyer

Default Fairground RV campsites

Does anyone know of a directory or website that lists county and state fairground RV sites? I am looking at them as a possible overnight stopping place that is easy to get in and out of. In checking the web I noticesdthat there is a lot of them in Oregon but I don't intend to be going there anytime in the future. Here in Georgia I know that the state fairground in Perry has RV parking sites and requires a reservation. They do have a lot of activities going on there so it is a well used fairground. Also, here in Cobb county at the fairground in Jim Miller Park there are full hookups at a very reasonable cost. No pull through sites but large enough for just about any length RV. They don't advertise the availability but I have noticed a number of people have stayed there. From what I have read you don't need a reservation and just pull in and park and they will come by or you can go to the gate when you are ready to pay. I know it is less that $20/night.
Fairgrounds certainly aren't resort atmosphere but usually have some full hookups and the county fairgrounds are used less that state fairgrounds. Many have activity on weekends that may or may not be a bother and certainly you would want to avoid them during the annual fair weeks (unless you want to be there for that). So, what are your thoughts about fairgrounds. I know that Forest River (FROG) recently had their 3rd annual International Rally at the county fairgrounds in Goshen, IN and there was in excess 450 RVs there. Not every RV site had full hookups, I think it was less than 200 full hookups but for that event they had pumpouts for those what needed it. Which for everyones information, Forest River repaired MH's, 5th Wheels, and TT's for free even those that were 4 and 5 years old, you had to have a prior appointment for that but it certainly cemented the repeat customer base.
electricflyer is offline   Reply With Quote