Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Old 12-15-2007, 12:06 PM   #1
N7OQ

Default Having to rough it thie weekend

Well as I sit here typing on the forum I thought I would share how I'm roughing it this weekend. Last night we checked into a Hotel in Fort Bragg, CA and this morning I'm sitting here watching from my room the waves break on shore. This is real rough. I sure do love Hotels with internet connections and views of the ocean. We will be heading for a drive to Mendocino and to some of our favorite beaches. The only radio I brought was my HT so will fire it up soon and see who I can reach.

Hope everyone it having a great weekend. 73
Licensed in 1978 ex N7AFX, DA1VW, KK6GR
N7OQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 12:26 PM   #2
jagco

While I am sitting home with a winter storm warning in effect............
jagco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 02:12 PM   #3
WA6IRQ

Bill,
Greetings from Page Az where I have been working on a project for the last 4 weeks.

While I do not have the ocean outside my window, I do have Lake Powell and all of the great desert views of the Bryce canyon and all of the Mesa's.

The high today will reach 31.. I am missing So Cal but the customer and the views are wonderful.

I did not bring the OB since I knew it was going to get real cold and the company was happy enough to pay for a great hotel.....

Brought all of the HF gear and even bolted on a HF antenna on the rental car....if Hertz only knew !!!!!

anyway not much radio actionaround here on 2m or 440....

Anyway enjoy the trip dowm the coast. Have a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year

Wes
WA6IRQ
WA6IRQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 02:36 PM   #4
W6DCS

Now that is roughing it.
Kenwood TM-741A
Yaesu VX-7R
ICOM 02AT
ICOM 04AT
ICOM 12GAT
Kenwood TM-331
W6DCS, ex KC6LKS
W6DCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 04:09 PM   #5
N7OQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by WA6IRQ View Post
Bill,
Greetings from Page Az where I have been working on a project for the last 4 weeks.

While I do not have the ocean outside my window, I do have Lake Powell and all of the great desert views of the Bryce canyon and all of the Mesa's.

The high today will reach 31.. I am missing So Cal but the customer and the views are wonderful.

I did not bring the OB since I knew it was going to get real cold and the company was happy enough to pay for a great hotel.....

Brought all of the HF gear and even bolted on a HF antenna on the rental car....if Hertz only knew !!!!!

anyway not much radio actionaround here on 2m or 440....

Anyway enjoy the trip dowm the coast. Have a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year

Wes
WA6IRQ
Hi Wes good to see you here been awhile sense we talked. Sounds like you are in a great place too and a great time of the year to be there, can get really hot in the summer. We really needed a weekend at a place like this, I have been spending all my weekends painting the house and replacing the floors so a little R&R was needed. We got in some shopping today and got to see a lot of coast line and now in the room enjoying the view from here in the warmth. Have a really great Christmas and New Year!
Licensed in 1978 ex N7AFX, DA1VW, KK6GR
N7OQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 01:02 PM   #6
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Quote:
Originally Posted by WA6IRQ View Post
Bill,

WA6IRQ
Well IRQ, Are you moving to Page or just there for the month? I rather enjoied Page when I was there, Got a Dam good meal at the Dam Site In, was close enough to visit the Grand Canyon, (Twice) and totaly enjoied the town. Visited one of the attractions on Navajo land (Antelope Slot Canyon) and it is on my "Revisit" list for sure.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 07:29 PM   #7
WA6IRQ

No intention of moving there at this time but it is a wonderful place to want to come back to for some camping and boating.
I but I did make some new friends and I am sure that I will be back. Have been eating at the DAM bar and Grill... good food for sure
73's
WA6IRQ is offline   Reply With Quote