Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Old 01-14-2020, 12:56 PM   #1
Madwinger

Default Hello From Utah

Hello from Bountiful Utah. Archie here KA7MMA. The DW and I just purchased an Eagle HT 5er and looking forward to hitting the highway. I monitor 146.520 when I am in the Hamshak so if your driving thru the Salt Lake city area give me a shout. Looking forward also to finding out what and how you set up your RV with radio and antenna.

Archie
2017 Ford F250 PS
2019 Jayco Eagle HT
1993 Jayco 1006 PupUP
KA7MMA
Madwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 04:43 PM   #2
N3LYT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwinger View Post
Hello from Bountiful Utah. Archie here KA7MMA. The DW and I just purchased an Eagle HT 5er and looking forward to hitting the highway. I monitor 146.520 when I am in the Hamshak so if your driving thru the Salt Lake city area give me a shout. Looking forward also to finding out what and how you set up your RV with radio and antenna.

Archie
Bit of a stretch from Maine! I tow a camper, when parked HF 6-80 meters screwdriver (shaky on 6 pretty good on 75) 2 and 440. TV, 2-440 and 220 and little tarheel 6-80. DE N3LYT.
N3LYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 10:12 AM   #3
Paul Stewart

Welcome Madwinger!

Thank you for the nice introduction.

Got my tech and gen the same day and two months later got the extra, glad the testing is behind me! Now unlike you I am old, but I am enjoying my Ham Friends. Family circumstances have limited my travel but I hopE to get back to it in the future.

I have two issues/concerns I try to promote: 1. Get EVERYONE, ESPECIALLY younger persons interested in HAM, and 2. Get us ALL to use and monitor 146.52, I see it as the most valuable opportunity we have to help ourselves and others AND to make our hobby better.

Welcome, please post often.

N6PAS
Paul Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 04:02 PM   #4
NicoleUofU

Smile Hello from Tooele, Utah!

New to this site, but looking forward to meeting people and getting some information about their adventures. I have a 1985 Fleetwood motorhome. Living in Utah has so many climates fro desert to forested venues. I would like to take a cross country trip, providing fuel prices go down. Looking for engagement with local as well all others on the forum. K7NLC
NicoleUofU is offline   Reply With Quote