Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Old 05-22-2009, 09:13 AM   #121
One Country Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by W6ZKH View Post
I kinda wish it was abit cooler here Jim, as in the past week, we've had low mid/upper 90's and low 100's.... course, we dont have the humidity like you do, but did get some monsoonal moisture afew days ago that jumped the humidity up. Think today it is only suppose to get to 97 or so... cold wave.... My garden sure loves it though...
It has not reached a 100 here yet but been within about 3 degrees on a couple of occassions. You are correct about the humidity. The humidity is what makes it tough on folks here. That's why the YL and I "run for the hills" in the summer. Our plans have changed some. We planned to be up in the mountains the 1st of July but postponed it and plans are now to be there the 1st of August. We've just got a lot to do here. Not to mention the new GrandBabe across the street. Hi Hi

CQ CQ CQ CQ ORR de W4EWA K K K

Old 05-22-2009, 08:13 PM   #122
w3zi

Hi All Well looks like we are getting into our cycle of humid mornings, muggy afternoons with the boomers off the ocean at 400pm. You can almost set your watch. Been off the air for a few weeks. Very busy here with the job. Was surprised with a opening on 6 meters last night about 800pm. Worked two guys in Maryland with my Tarheel on the bumper. 73 Mark
TS2000 / Yaesu 857D and a Tarheel Antenna
w3zi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 07:10 AM   #123
One Country Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3zi View Post
Been off the air for a few weeks. Very busy here with the job. Was surprised with a opening on 6 meters last night about 800pm. Worked two guys in Maryland with my Tarheel on the bumper. 73 Mark
Been missing you and Andy. It's time someone checked up on your behavior. I hate I missed that 6 meter opening. I've been looking for one to put the TS2000 to the test on 6 meter SSB.

Maybe Andy will come in here and explain his absence. We'll see what kind of story he comes up with.

CQ CQ CQ ORR members de W4EWA

Old 05-23-2009, 08:20 AM   #124
Andy N1ORK

Send a message via Yahoo to Andy N1ORK Send a message via Skype™ to Andy N1ORK
Default Missing?

I've been around Jim, just busier than a one armed paper hanger. I'm usually logged in here and read all the new posts when I get a chance. Doing this from the camp in NH today. Have the ft857d hooked up tp the ldg z100 and the g5rvjr (up about 25' in the trees). Been making some contacts and got a61bk in Dubai yesterday on 20m. No more inverter QRN in the park model (don't use one now) so the noise level is down.
Maybe we can try to QSO from here later today. The wi-fi is pretty good now, so I'll turn on the chat window a little later today. Need to help our neighbor extend her TT awning and other stuff this morning.
The temp is 54 now and it is cloudy up here in Freedom, NH. Should get up into the 60's this afternoon. We'll begoing back to CT on Tuesday AM.
Have a good day and maybe we can catch each other today or this w/e.
Andy - n1ork/p

SkyWarn, CERT, EmComm
Andy N1ORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 07:58 PM   #125
One Country Boy

The drought is over here. We received 5 inches of rain today and more in the forecast. I saw some photos circulating around the WWW of the Daytona Speedway flooded. Some places in south and central Florida got as high as 24 inches of rain.

We purchased a new computer yesterday. It will be the YL's primarily. I'm going to put this one in the radio room and interface it to the ham gear. The new one has wireless in it. I've decided I'm going to run them both wireless. It will be easier than routing another cable to the other room. The speed I get with my LinkSys Router is plenty fast for our applications on the net.

Hope everyone had a good Memorial Day weekend. 73,

Jim

One Country Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:35 AM   #126
jagco

We got that much rain here too. It ran from 1 to 5 inches all over the area, but some places north of us got 11 inches. We got 5 here.

1977 Diamond Class C
(Ford E350, 460)
jagco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:29 PM   #127
w3zi

Hey Jim - You get that Blackberry tied into the DXCluster and you wont miss any you will know when 6 meters opens up.
Mark
TS2000 / Yaesu 857D and a Tarheel Antenna
w3zi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:19 AM   #128
One Country Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3zi View Post
Hey Jim - You get that Blackberry tied into the DXCluster and you wont miss any you will know when 6 meters opens up.
Mark
Never crossed my mind to do that Mark. I'll be a walking DXCluster. Some sort of cluster anyway !! Hi Hi..

Old 05-27-2009, 08:09 AM   #129
One Country Boy

Default Daytona Flood Photos

The rain seems to have finally moved out after days of it here in the southeast. We certainly needed it. We got a little more than requested in places.

I was e-mailed the following photos by a friend last week. I would be happy to credit the photographer but I don't know who took them. This is the Daytona Speedway after flashflood warnings were posted in that area. Some areas near there received 24+ inches according to the Weather Channel.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03359 (Small).JPG (31.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03360 (Small).JPG (35.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03378 (Small).JPG (44.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03379 (Small).JPG (44.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03391 (Small).JPG (56.2 KB, 16 views)
Old 05-27-2009, 08:23 AM   #130
One Country Boy

Default Daytona Flood Photos (2)

One last photo:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03392 (Small).JPG (40.5 KB, 16 views)
Old 05-27-2009, 03:26 PM   #131
aintgotnun
Admin. I guess..........

well I guess they could race speed boats at Daytona

A radio that is.

End jihad
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:19 PM   #132
One Country Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aintgotnun View Post
well I guess they could race speed boats at Daytona
Good idea Greg.

Old 06-16-2009, 01:04 AM   #133
One Country Boy

CQ CQ CQ

Where's everyone ? I've not had a lot of time here either. Too many projects. That's about to switch to mostly inside projects, under the AC. Heat index here is suppose to be 111 degrees here tomorrow. Summer has arrived.

Will be towing the RV to a dealer about 2 hours from home tomorrow to have the roof cleaned and treated and a general wash job. Too hot to get out and tackle that right now and need to start getting ready for our 2009 Summer Trip.

What's going on with the rest of the gang ?

CQ CQ CQ ORR Members de W4EWA

Old 06-16-2009, 05:10 AM   #134
Andy N1ORK

Send a message via Yahoo to Andy N1ORK Send a message via Skype™ to Andy N1ORK

SOS here Jim (Same old stuff). Been going back and forth to the camp in NH. Made a few contacts from there, like Russia on 40m, which was pretty cool! And a few 6m contacts in the vhf contest last w/e. Getting planning ready for Field Day with the local club here W1BRS. I'll be working 10m SSB, so hope to catch some of the ORR members on the air.

WX up in NH and here has been cooler than usual. In the high 60s and low 70s and usually cloudy with an occasional shower. Same thing predicted this coming w/e when we bring up the Grandkids. Oh well, it's only water.

73 for now
Andy - n1ork

SkyWarn, CERT, EmComm
Andy N1ORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:22 AM   #135
One Country Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy N1ORK View Post
SOS here Jim (Same old stuff). Been going back and forth to the camp in NH. Made a few contacts from there, like Russia on 40m, which was pretty cool! And a few 6m contacts in the vhf contest last w/e. Getting planning ready for Field Day with the local club here W1BRS. I'll be working 10m SSB, so hope to catch some of the ORR members on the air.

WX up in NH and here has been cooler than usual. In the high 60s and low 70s and usually cloudy with an occasional shower. Same thing predicted this coming w/e when we bring up the Grandkids. Oh well, it's only water.

73 for now
Andy - n1ork
Well I said the heat index was suppose to be 111 here today, it was 120 degrees yesterday I learned. That 111 is for the coast, it's much warmer/hotter 25 miles inland, as we are.

Sounds like some comfortable wx up there Andy. I'm ready to head for the hills of North Georgia and North Carolina. I remember now why we like it so much up there this time of year.

I've not worked a Field Day in awhile. That was always fun. I've been hearing Russia on 40 meters here also Andy. Down in the CW/digital portions of the band. You probably worked them in the Extra Class section, correct ?

Better get busy. Have to go get some diesel and hook up the RV for our Chipley trip this morning.

~ 73 ~

CQ CQ CQ ORR Forum Members de W4EWA

Old 06-22-2009, 10:44 AM   #136
TXiceman

I am home sick today and will sit in front of the radio a bit to kill time. Let me know if anyone is on the air.

Ken
Base unit...Kenwood TS480HX, LDG AT200 Pro tuner, Eagle One Vertical and Windom 80 meter dipole.
Standard Schnauzer..her call is K9WOOF
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:13 PM   #137
jagco

I've just kinda been in a funk lately, wishing I was camping

1977 Diamond Class C
(Ford E350, 460)
jagco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:43 PM   #138
TXiceman

To hot for camping here...supposed to hit 100dF today.

Ken
Base unit...Kenwood TS480HX, LDG AT200 Pro tuner, Eagle One Vertical and Windom 80 meter dipole.
Standard Schnauzer..her call is K9WOOF
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 06:24 PM   #139
KF5BET

Working on the other house. Just about finished with the hall bath and the front foyer. Hopefully will finish both of these rooms tonight. Then it's on to the laundry room (lots of work in there...plumbing, drywall and millwork). After that, all that is left is painting in the bedrooms. Needless to say, no camping for us. We haven't been camping since early May.

Been hot here..Today was 98 with heat index of around 101. No rain for at least 6 weeks. Hopefully we will get some rain soon.

As for radio... I am supposed to go look at an Icom 740 Wednesday along with some other radio gear. Will let you know.

73's

Galen
KF5BET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:49 PM   #140
One Country Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
I am home sick today and will sit in front of the radio a bit to kill time. Let me know if anyone is on the air.

Ken

Sorry I didn't see your post earlier today Ken. I've been inside most of the day. Too darned hot to be out. Heat Index about 110.

Hope you are feeling better.

Jim