Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Old 12-30-2007, 11:10 AM   #21
Richard Stouffer

OK, I've the replacement part and I've read through the helpful tips above. As soon I get settled down and all the bugs in the motor home fixed I'll continue the kit build. I've go a bunch of things that need fixing on the MH so it's going to be a while before I get back to the kit.

Thanks all for the advice and see you on 40 QRP in the near future.
Richard Stouffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 07:27 PM   #22
N7OQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Stouffer View Post
OK, I've the replacement part and I've read through the helpful tips above. As soon I get settled down and all the bugs in the motor home fixed I'll continue the kit build. I've go a bunch of things that need fixing on the MH so it's going to be a while before I get back to the kit.

Thanks all for the advice and see you on 40 QRP in the near future.
Glad you got the parts and got home OK, good luck with the rest of the kit when ever you get back to it.
Licensed in 1978 ex N7AFX, DA1VW, KK6GR
N7OQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:57 AM   #23
Richard Stouffer

Thanks. I may get some time tomorrow since I'm not one to stay up all night to "ring in the New Year". As such, New Years mornings offers few distractions for us dull people. Who knows, I might get it all together by dark when the vertical in the backyard goes up.

Have a Happy New Year- is there a Q signal for that???
Old 01-21-2008, 05:08 PM   #24
Richard Stouffer

FINALLY!!!

The MFJ Cub is now in one piece and receives very nicely on 40 meters from about 7.003 to 7.050. It puts our a signal, but the tone is awful; almost a buzz. I need to hook it up to a keyer and see what is sounds like with the paddles- a straight key is out of the question for me. Once I get the keyer options figured out I'll let you all know and maybe we can set up a skeg- real slow CW only.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:38 PM   #25
N7OQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Stouffer View Post
FINALLY!!!

The MFJ Cub is now in one piece and receives very nicely on 40 meters from about 7.003 to 7.050. It puts our a signal, but the tone is awful; almost a buzz. I need to hook it up to a keyer and see what is sounds like with the paddles- a straight key is out of the question for me. Once I get the keyer options figured out I'll let you all know and maybe we can set up a skeg- real slow CW only.
Good deal, man I guess I will have to get busy and start getting my CW speed back up to par. I also need to get a working HF antenna set up here at home. We had a really bad storm with 70 mph winds and it whipped my old vertical until it was unusable. Plus I lost 160 feet of fence so will be busy installing new fence.
Licensed in 1978 ex N7AFX, DA1VW, KK6GR
N7OQ is offline   Reply With Quote