Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Old 01-13-2008, 08:45 PM   #1
KB5LJE

Default Just my thanks to all of you!

When Radio and I decided to open (he did not have to twist my arm) this site I knew we would get the best of the best!

I have been very busy with the family care. and the Honey do's but working behind the scenes of this site as well as some others I have part in have given me my personal time to forget the problems fof 07.

For those that dont know 2007 was the worst year of my life

May 07 Mother in law of 22 years got bad sick and in ICU

June 07 Mother in law and Father In Law diagnosed with Lung Cancer

July 07 Father diagnosed with Lung Cancer.

July 11th Father in Law had surgery and never cam back home for over three days straight. We had him here at our home when not in the hospital

August 9th 07 Dad had surgery and is Now doing GREAT and fully released. CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH.

August 25th XYL Glennette breaks right foot and now I am careing for two in the hospital and wife at home and mother in law living with us.

October 3rd we lost Father in Law. RIP Glen Sheley You will always be my best friend.

Mother in Law and I call her mom still calls us her home and is half way complete with her chemo and doing well.

During all of the above I was and still trying to hold down the job. Should have took FMLA but NEVER expected it to all hit at once.

So I guess this is my post to tell all about my past problems and THANK all of you from the bottom of my heart for coming here and helping to grow this wonderful site. This web stuff keeps my mind on the right path and not the problems.

If you send a "contact us" it comes to me and sometimes it may take a few days but I promise to get to it and help where needed.

Thanks again for EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

Mike
KB5LJE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:48 PM   #2
KB5LJE

Oh and Not forget during this time

Uncle Loyce Passed

Aunt Sue Passed

Aunt Bonnie diagnosed with colon cancer and is now in bad shape.

Ok I am done clearing my mind
Old 01-13-2008, 11:50 PM   #3
N7OQ

Wow Mike you have had a really bad year something one would should have to go through. I really hate cancer, lost many friends to it my Mom had it (lung never smoked a cigarette in her life) my Aunt died from it and her daughter, my cousin died from it 2 weeks later. Right now a friend I work with who is the girlfriend of a guy in our shop was just diagnosed with terminal cancer and she is only 24 years old. I have been praying for her and I will add your family to my prayer list and I will pray that you and your family have a much better year in 2008.

Hang in there Mike prayers are on the way.
Licensed in 1978 ex N7AFX, DA1VW, KK6GR
N7OQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:35 AM   #4
Andy N1ORK

Send a message via Yahoo to Andy N1ORK Send a message via Skype™ to Andy N1ORK

Mike,
Our prayers are with you and your family. My Mom and Dad both passed with cancer, so I know what you're going through to an extent. Good wishes from all of us and thanks for doing such a great job with the site!
Andy

SkyWarn, CERT, EmComm
Andy N1ORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:41 AM   #5
KE5NWT

Mike and Radio,
Thank you for the site. It is really run well. I try and read it at least once a day if not more. Been an Rver for a couple of decades and a ham for going on a year. It is a good site for both hobbies.

Mike,
Our prayers are with you and your familly. Cancer is a tough row to hoe. My parents passed that way about 20 years ago.
KE5NWT
Uvalde County, Texas
KE5NWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:41 AM   #6
aintgotnun
Admin. I guess..........

Mike,

You are one of my hero’s. And I am proud to call you my friend.

My thoughts and prayers have and always be with you brother.

A radio that is.

End jihad
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:56 AM   #7
KB5LJE

Thanks to all for the support and Greg THANK YOU for all the help on our sites and being there when you are.

Mike
Old 01-14-2008, 02:52 PM   #8
twotrips

Thanks for the site Mike, I hope 2008 is better than 2007. I too look back and will not miss 2007 at all. Right now we are taking care of mother in law and father in law, lost my mom and dad in the last 2 years. It leaves a hole in your heart. They say it goes away, but it sure hurts. Your site, RV'ing and my radio also keep me sane. God keep you and yours as we make this trip through these times. We all need to lean on each other once in a while...73 my friend..
Alan ka9ryp
twotrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 06:54 PM   #9
Radio
Administrator

I lost my Dad 30 years ago...but I still have my Mom. She's 84 and does whatever she pleases. Sweet Wifes parents have passed on, her Mom spent her last few months in our dining room before the pulmanary fibrosis finally took her.

My Dad had a stroke and was gone within the hour. Both of Kathy's folks lingered on for months. At least everyone knew the end was near and if you had something to do, or say then you knew it was time to get it done. Mammy (Kathy's Mom) had a bunch of stories bottled up inside and shared them, and she had some recipes she wanted archived so that future generations could enjoy them.

The pain does go away, especially if you part on good terms as we did.

But you never cease to miss them. My Dad would have been so proud of my son graduating GA Tech this year.

But life goes on. I just might go ahead and get that 5th wheel, and be a little in debt for a while, to enjoy one or two more seasons with Sweet Wife, as we are never promised tomorrow.

Radio

PS...and it's turning out to be a mighty fine forum after all, isn't it? Mike is the one that does all the work and I'm the one that come up with all the goofy ideas that makes more work for Mike to do!
Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:20 PM   #10
jagco

I really appreciate this net being here and all the work that goes into it. I continue to have major chronic health problems, so I can certainly relate to yur bad year. Hopefully 2008 will be better.
jagco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:30 PM   #11
KB5LJE

Thanks to all and Special Thanks to Wade. Wade is # 1 at this site and I am #2, I am the behind the scenes guy. I know how to do this but dont have the time I want to post and watch.

We are having a great time here but its OUR site and I am hiding. I love this web stuff!!!!!!

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
I lost my Dad 30 years ago...but I still have my Mom. She's 84 and does whatever she pleases. Sweet Wifes parents have passed on, her Mom spent her last few months in our dining room before the pulmanary fibrosis finally took her.

My Dad had a stroke and was gone within the hour. Both of Kathy's folks lingered on for months. At least everyone knew the end was near and if you had something to do, or say then you knew it was time to get it done. Mammy (Kathy's Mom) had a bunch of stories bottled up inside and shared them, and she had some recipes she wanted archived so that future generations could enjoy them.

The pain does go away, especially if you part on good terms as we did.

But you never cease to miss them. My Dad would have been so proud of my son graduating GA Tech this year.

But life goes on. I just might go ahead and get that 5th wheel, and be a little in debt for a while, to enjoy one or two more seasons with Sweet Wife, as we are never promised tomorrow.

Radio

PS...and it's turning out to be a mighty fine forum after all, isn't it? Mike is the one that does all the work and I'm the one that come up with all the goofy ideas that makes more work for Mike to do!
Old 01-17-2008, 11:26 AM   #12
w6pea

And I thought I had a bad year......Sorry to hear of this.
May 2008 be a better year.
When all else fails...Amateur Radio
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 11:40 AM   #13
radiow6lar

Default Amazing!

I'm always amazed at how we as humans can cope and bounch back from adversity. As for Mike, he's a prime example of that. I'm sure a bunch of prayers and a little help from above made it happen.

Hang in there Mike.....You ROCK!
radiow6lar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:53 PM   #14
w5olm

Hope that all you guys that had a bad 2007 will have a better 2008. My 2007 was actually better than 2006.
Entire year of 2006 was almost constant trips back and forth between Louisiana and Illinois. My mom was in Louisiana and my MIL was in Illinois, both in nursing home with last stages of Dementia. There was nobody left in the family to take care of either one, so it was up to us.
My mom passed away one year ago next week, so that took some of the pressure off. During 2007, DW retired from Louisiana State job as a supervisor in Child Protection, and I quit my job as Deputy Sheriff soon after she retired ( I had already retired in 2003 from my career job as Aviation Inspector for the Federal Government after 36 years service).
Soooo --- Now we are both foot loose and free. In Nov 2007 we bought our new motorhome and plan for a good year of travel in 2008. Of course we still have MIL in Illinois, but with MH and no job requirements, it will be not as much stress to go up there anytime we need to.
Lee
w5olm is offline   Reply With Quote