Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Old 12-06-2007, 12:39 PM   #1
aintgotnun
Admin. I guess..........

Default Ford Recall

Recall notice from the AP

Quote:
WASHINGTON - Ford Motor Co. said Thursday it is recalling 1.17 million trucks, sport utility vehicles and vans to fix an engine sensor that could lead to engine stalling. The recalled vehicles are all from the 1997-2003 model years with 7.3 liter diesel engines, including the Ford E-Series van, Excursion full-size sport utility vehicle, and F-450 Super Duty and F-550 Super Duty trucks.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said in a posting on its Web site that the camshaft position sensor located on the engine could function intermittently and lead to an engine stall and potential crash.
The sensor is an electrical component that helps regulate the fuel going into the engine.
Ford spokesman Dan Jarvis said there have been 14 accidents associated with the problem, but no injuries reported.
In the event of an engine stall, Jarvis said drivers traveling at speeds greater than 30 miles per hour would have full power steering and power braking, allowing them to pull over to the side of the road.
At speeds below 30 mph, the motorists would still have braking and steering functions, he said.
Dealers will inspect the sensor and replace it with a new one free of charge. The recall is expected to begin around Dec. 17, with mailing of notification letters to be completed in phases by May 2008. Owners can contact Ford at (866) 436-7332.
I wonder if I can get reimbursed for the 2 I've already had replaced...........

A radio that is.

End jihad
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:16 PM   #2
TXiceman

I was just wondering the same thing.....

Ken
Base unit...Kenwood TS480HX, LDG AT200 Pro tuner, Eagle One Vertical and Windom 80 meter dipole.
Standard Schnauzer..her call is K9WOOF
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:56 AM   #3
K5OIT

Had mine replaced Thursday. Gonna keep my old (new) spare in the glove box for insurance. Besides, I am too cheap to just throw that $90 wonder in the trash.
K5OIT is offline   Reply With Quote