Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Old 10-13-2010, 07:06 AM   #1
KE5ZRT
Super Swell Guy

Send a message via Yahoo to KE5ZRT
Default Which Ladder?

This may seem like an overly simple question, but I thought I would see what you all think rather than re-creating the wheel. I need to purchase a compact folding ladder to maintain the motorhome. Which ladder are you using? How are you storing the ladder?
Extra Class Amateur (Ham) Radio Operator, VE, SKYWARN Storm Spotter, ARES Volunteer, TSA Security Officer, Full-time RV dweller (Amarillo TX for now), webmaster www.PanhandleARES.org, Married to ke5zru!

KE5ZRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:45 AM   #2
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

There are so many... Some years ago my father purchased a combo-ladder, it is about a 15 foot extension ladder of a 7 foot step ladder.. This is a traditional ladder, not folding (Save as every step ladder folds)... My rig came with the traditional joke of a RV roof ladder. That was removed, Then a pair of heavy duty Aluminum "J" hooks were made by a local body shop owner for me, those were bolted into solid wood near the roof line.

A shower "Assist" bar (Bathroom accessories) was bolted to the rear cap near the bottom

I hang the ladder off the "J" hooks. As hung you can use it in the normal roof ladder mode. Or you can remove it and extend it for easier roof access. Or you can set it in step ladder mode for wash & wax.

I also have a telescoping ladder.. It stores between the shower and lav in the main bath
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:37 PM   #3
KE5ZRT
Super Swell Guy

Send a message via Yahoo to KE5ZRT
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
...I also have a telescoping ladder.. It stores between the shower and lav in the main bath
Brilliant! I had never seen or heard of a telescoping ladder and after a brief Google search I found exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!
Extra Class Amateur (Ham) Radio Operator, VE, SKYWARN Storm Spotter, ARES Volunteer, TSA Security Officer, Full-time RV dweller (Amarillo TX for now), webmaster www.PanhandleARES.org, Married to ke5zru!

KE5ZRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:06 AM   #4
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Glad I could help.. The thing i like abut the telescoping is that it fits nicely in a space that had no other use.

oh... The spot I put mine is a plumbing riser (That is it's a "False floor" covering pipes) and it's not designed to support weight.. Had to re-design it a bit (Removed it, bolted a 2x4 to the floor under it, put it back over the 2x4, which by the way was the exact height needed to fit under it, and now.. Well, it can support my 300 plus no problem.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ladder, storage