Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Old 04-01-2012, 06:58 AM   #1
One Country Boy

Default Call Sign Name Tags

Good morning fellow ORR members...

I thought I would pass this on to those of you that might be interested. A friend recently sent me an e-mail, with photos of name tags he had ordered with his call on them. He was impressed with the company he had ordered from. Not only the quality, but the processing speed and the prices. He also ordered one for me and it is being shipped to my home. Very nice of him I thought.

If you want to order, you need to be ready. They are quick! I sent them an inquiry last night and had a response within 20 minutes. They will do a personalized tag, with your club logo for example, without charging an additional setup fee. I'm about to order one for my son Chris (N4XCI).

Andy, this might interest you, I know you are quite active with your club and the EOC there.

Here's the website:
Harlan Technologies

Old 04-01-2012, 01:23 PM   #2
Andy N1ORK

Send a message via Yahoo to Andy N1ORK Send a message via Skype™ to Andy N1ORK

Thanks for the info Jim, I'll look into it.

SkyWarn, CERT, EmComm
Andy N1ORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #3
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

And for something .. er.. Larger.. Check out Vista Print.. Vista Print has a "Free" deal most of the time,, They have a real nice Microphone logo that looks good on a T-Shirt, you can add your name and call.. If you want stuff on the back, that costs more. Just pay S&H when they have a Free deal (plus the excess text of you do both sides)
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:32 AM   #4
One Country Boy

We'll have to check that out also John. Sounds good.

Andy, we have a club meeting this Thursday evening. I sent an e-mail out to the members they seem to want one alike for all of them. I should have my name tag in today, I hope.

The guy that sent me the tag, called me on the phone this past Sunday. He was driving north from his home in Longmont, CO up to Cheyenne, WY. He was passing the WWV tower site. He said that is a huge site and he's impressed everytime he passes there. He's met a guy that used to work there and getting a tour in a few days. He's as we say in the south, "tickled pink"!!! On second thought, make that "tickled PANK".

Old 04-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #5
KF7NJC

I was "tickled pank" that my work in the Rockies gained me access to the WWV site several times. Definitely they were memorable experiences. Outside there are rows of HF vertical half-wave dipoles and inside, a u-shaped corridor contains the transmiiter bays. The original five transmitters were Technical Materiel military models which are now spares having been replaced by primaries from CCA Electronics some 20 years ago. The most impressive antenna array is a short distance away where WWVB's two huge Continental transmiiters feed 38 kw each at 60 kHz into a directional system supported by 400 foot towers. Not only was all the RF impressive, but the cesium time standards were a kick, too.
KF7NJC is offline   Reply With Quote