Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Old 06-26-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
Radio
Administrator

Default Root Canal.

Ouch.

It's my own damn fault. The airline has a good dental plan and I should have gone 2 1/2 years ago when I first got the job. Might have got away with just a filling.

But here's the thing. For the better part of a year now, I have been feeling like crap. Tired, achy not feeling like doing anything. But I did notice that if I took some Advil Cold & Sinus or just plain ibuprofen, then I would feel markedly better. I begin to think I've got a lingering infection/inflammation going on somewhere, but where?

Then the tooth ache shows up.

Went to the dentist after work yesterday and he started the root canal where they put medicine down in the tooth to dry up the infection. This morning and today I have felt really good, as in better than in a long time. (No pain meds besides 600 mg ibuprofen last night)

So if you are feeling like dirt, go get your teeth checked. It can't hurt. Oh wait, it can hurt like

And there is medical evidence the inflammation in your mouth is the same kind that causes heart disease...

KU4OJ "Wade" Ships Captain, CFO, Chief Engineer
KG4DQQ "Kathy" 1st Officer, Navigator, Best Friend
2007 F-150 SuperCab - 2009 Rockwood 8280SS
Lot's of mostly Kenwood stuff

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:56 PM   #2
NN5I
Carl, nn5i

Now there's a story with some tooth to it. He's not just jawboning, folks, so don't let a cavity gum up your works. If the dentist says you need to come in, don't give him any lip -- he's not (most of the time) speaking with forked tongue. Here's the drill: bite the bullet, sit in the chair, open wide, and save your incisive remarks for later when it's time to chew the fat. Good advice, dontia think?
Old 06-27-2013, 06:17 AM   #3
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

I know many folks think root canal therapy is the worst, most painful thing on earth and that it might well be effective as a torture method at GTMO.. however they are wrong.

Root Canal therapy ... It is kind of like this.. You walk into the dentist in pain beyond description... You walk out.. Pain free..

Yup, greatest thing on earth.... What hurts is NEEDING it.,
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:45 AM   #4
TimeToGetGoing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
I know many folks think root canal therapy is the worst, most painful thing on earth and that it might well be effective as a torture method at GTMO.. however they are wrong.

Root Canal therapy ... It is kind of like this.. You walk into the dentist in pain beyond description... You walk out.. Pain free..

Yup, greatest thing on earth.... What hurts is NEEDING it.,
Many years ago while on active duty I went in for my annual check up and the dentist did a root canal on a healthy tooth.

So my experience was "You walk into the dentist in pain free ...You walk out.. Pain beyond description..."

Bob
KV4MJ
TimeToGetGoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:41 AM   #5
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Now why would the dentist do a root canal on a healthy tooth..(Incompentence perhaps).
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #6
NN5I
Carl, nn5i

It's called practicing dentistry.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #7
TimeToGetGoing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Now why would the dentist do a root canal on a healthy tooth..(Incompentence perhaps).
Ultimately I think they had me confused with another patient...but I was never told.

Bob
KV4MJ
TimeToGetGoing is offline   Reply With Quote