Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Old 01-26-2015, 01:31 PM   #1
NN5I
Carl, nn5i

Default RV fridge too cold?

Got back from daily workout at gym an hour or two ago, and sat down to a nice tossed salad. Took the Wish-Bone thousand-island dressing out of the fridge to put it on the salad, and it wouldn't come out of the bottle. I shook it, whirled it, cussed at it -- still wouldn't come out. I was reminded of ketchup bottles of the past.

Wondering if it was frozen, I put a temp sensor in the fridge and waited for it to equilibrate. 35 degrees, just right. So why is the dressing so stiff it won't come out?

I took the bottle to peer into the opening to see what the blockage was. Then I finally unscrewed the cap and had an enjoyable lunch with dressing on the salad.

Dang. I've never been this old before.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:29 PM   #2
Radio
Administrator

Glad you fixed it as I know practically nothing about ammonia based refrigeration!

I have on several occasions meant to put water in the coffee maker. Instead I leave the water in the carafe and just sit it on the pad, and wait for my coffee that never comes.

KU4OJ "Wade" Ships Captain, CFO, Chief Engineer
KG4DQQ "Kathy" 1st Officer, Navigator, Best Friend
2007 F-150 SuperCab - 2009 Rockwood 8280SS
Lot's of mostly Kenwood stuff

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 04:06 AM   #3
W7JZE
RV in 2016

Smile

I am SOooo glad that it "just ain't me" when it comes to an, ahhh, less than perfect, and continually fading memory.

Last weekend I did my morning coffee ritual. Put the cup in the microwave for 77 seconds (77 seconds results in the Goldilocks temperature). Got out the Folgers instant crystals (Not bad for instant) and waited for the "ding".

When the microwave "dinged" I pulled out the cup and noticed it was empty. No water. Oops! Forgot something!

The worst part though was my instant mental reaction when I noticed the cup, sans water... "Where did the water go?", I first thought.

Oh boy. River City.

I've caught myself in the past setting the empty coffee cup in the microwave, laughing at myself, then filling it with water before turning on the "heat". This was the first time though that I actually microwaved the empty cup.

I think I need some coffee before making my coffee .

Bill - W7JZE
"Dar" - XYL
(And our little Bichon Frisé "Sparkle")
W7JZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:53 AM   #4
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Well, empty or not... Had a friend traveling with us, She took my last of it's kind Company coffee cup (They no longer get them like that) with the metallic company emblem on it and put it in the microwave,, Picked it up by the cup, not the handle, burned her fingers on the metal emblem, dropped it and....

I can not replace that cup, I bought the last one they had and they told me they will not be re-ordering.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:02 PM   #5
NN5I
Carl, nn5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
I can not replace that cup, I bought the last one ...
Look for a replacement cup on eBay. Everything that's ever been made shows up on eBay eventually.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:33 PM   #6
Radio
Administrator

This is why smart RV'ers use a checklist for set up and tear down.
Mine has penciled in notes that say things like "unplug the air mattress pump BEFORE pulling in the slide room" and you know why that's there...

Sweet Wife likes a checklist because she gets to boss me around for 1/2 an hour...

KU4OJ "Wade" Ships Captain, CFO, Chief Engineer
KG4DQQ "Kathy" 1st Officer, Navigator, Best Friend
2007 F-150 SuperCab - 2009 Rockwood 8280SS
Lot's of mostly Kenwood stuff

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote