Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Go Back   Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping > On the Air > Junk Box
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2015, 08:04 AM   #21
NN5I
Carl, nn5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke0me View Post
I seem to have my pics scattered over multiple drives and media.
Yeah, me too. Just bought a new camera (well, a couple weeks ago) and I'm working on a way to organize the pics. The new camera lets me specify part of the filename it gives to each pic, and I'm gonna change it each month so the filename tells me when I took the pic. Maybe A01 for 2001 January, B12 for 2002 December, and so on. I wonder if it'll let me use Greek or Cyrillic letters if I live past Z12 (2026 December), which isn't all that likely but is possible. The menus support various languages that use various alphabets. Gotta run an experiment.

Hmmm, it also supports German (ÜÖÄ), Spanish (ÑÇ), and Portuguese (ÃÕ). Mebbe I could live even longer ...

I've lived in Florida, off and on, for 35 of my 74 years, and never been to Key West. Shame on me.

*** Later *** The camera supports only the English alphabet for file naming. Can't use other alphabets in filenames. Phoo.