Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2011, 08:34 PM   #1
3 Dog

Default Signing in to the forum

Greetings,

I'm Jay, KC7LDR, checking in to the forum for the first time. I got interested in ham radio back in the early 60's (am I dating myself) and got my Tech license back in 1995 but never did anything with it. My wife and I spend a lot of time in our motorhome and 4 wheeling in the Jeep we use as a toad and I decided that I wanted something more reliable and with better range than CB in the Jeep just in case I manage to do something stupid out in the pucker brush and need some assistance. I put a dual band VHF/UHF into the Jeep and for some reason that got the ham juices going again. I'm now thinking about an HF for the motorhome that can travel to the stick house as well since I know darn well that the warden isn't going to let me spend the bucks for one in both locations.

The bug bit me enough that last Tuesday evening (this is Thursday) I took and passed the General and I am now studying for the Extra test which I will take (and pass) next month.

Our stick house is in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle area and our home on wheels is a Beaver that we get out in as much as we can. Like everyone else new to the hobby or back into it after a long time away, I have lots of questions that I'm sure I will be looking for input on as time passes. Please forgive me the "stupid questions" that I may wind up posting from time to time. I do know how to use the search forum function but every now and again I don't use the search string so I may wind up asking something that has been asked time after time previously. I'm an old dude, ya gotta take that into account.

73's
Jay (3 Dog)
3 Dog is offline   Reply With Quote