Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
WD8QBQ

Post What would you have said ?

Sitting out in a lawn chair enjoying the nice weather and along comes a camper two rv's away walking his dog. We have a brief conversation exchanging pleasantries and the usual BS, (we both have been here a couple months).
Out of the blue he says, my wife and I were watching TV a couple days ago and I think we heard you on our sub woofer, funny thing is it wasn't even turned on. I said OH what did I say, he says it was all garbled, couldn't make it out. I said WOW, when was that and what time was it? He says a couple of days ago at about 8 EDT, my first reaction was to tell him, I don't operate at that time, I'm usually on at 2 to 8 AM, but then got to thinking that I was TXing in the evening briefly and didn't say so. He also said I'm not complaining, it didn't bother me. I'm thinking

I did tell him "one more thing" and will tell you all after you tell what you would have told him, if your interested?

JIM
WD8QBQ is offline   Reply With Quote