Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Old 04-29-2010, 09:51 AM   #1
Oboy

Default Unhappy Ham!!

Well last week the wind we had took out my rotor and ended up cutting some control lines for the SteppIR and coax. I was using the Yeasu G-800DXA, which should have been fine for the antenna. (Should have gotten the 1000) Well after making up new coax and redoing the control cable, I ordered a G-2800DXA, don't wont to do this again. So I have everything ready to go, but the wind has just been nuts and I’m not going to get on the tower with it blowing this way. Weather station says gusts up to 50 MPH. No thank you, so I’m hoping that Friday AM will be nice so I can get this done. With the 7th area QSO party this weekend and I need to get it all Happy!! Need to try and win the low power SSB part again. Wish me luck and pray for little wind!

Mark K5WMH
Oboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:09 PM   #2
WD8QBQ

Arrow

Oh boy Oboy, that sure is bad news and wouldn't you know it right before a contest, well when the goin gets tough the tough get goin, so keep busy until you fix it all up. Be careful though we don't want to loose you over an antenna mishap!! I know you will succeed your a HAM and we git er done!

Post some pictures so we know what your going through.

JIM
WD8QBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:27 PM   #3
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

The wind will pass... Heck, here at my place we don't worry about towers.. We just through the concrete cylinder with the eye bolt in it over any handy tree limb and stretch out the 100' wire that's hooked to the rope that's hooked to the eye-let

And it seems to work well on most bands.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote