Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Old 01-09-2010, 03:13 PM   #1
KF5BET

Default Happy New Year Everyone

We just got back from a two week trip to the Northwest. Had no internet service for most of that time so could not check in. Looks like everyone had a good Christmas and New Year's!

While in Portland, OR, Abbi and I visited the Ham Radio Outlet store and I just had to leave some money there! I picked up a new antenna tuner, so now I am really anxious to get my homemade g5rv up in the air.

We are really going to be very busy for the next couple of months so not sure how much "hamming" I will be able to do. We are going to enclose our carport and turn it into a garage which will enable me to take over the storage room as my shack . The XYL is actually happy about this because right now I have radio gear sitting on the counter in the kitchen

We also have a lot of school/ church trips coming up in the next couple of months for the girls, so we will be in and out a lot until March (I think). Sadly, no camping trips are scheduled during this time as well.

I have been following the Echolink threads and am glad to see there have been a couple of nets completed. I am going to try to get my transmit issues resolved this week, so hopefully I will be able to join in soon.

Happy New Year Everyone from South Louisiana! Stay dry and warm (down to 17 here tonight...very rare. It is colder here than it was in Oregon go figure!)
Kendra - KF5FYS dd
Maggie - Cat chaser
2005 F250, 1996 Nomad
KF5BET is offline   Reply With Quote