Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

View Poll Results: Do You Twitter?
Yes--I'm Addicted 2 20.00%
Yes--Sometimes 1 10.00%
No--Not Interested 7 70.00%
No--Never Heard of It! 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2010, 06:52 PM   #1
KE5ZRT
Super Swell Guy

Send a message via Yahoo to KE5ZRT
Default Do You Twitter?

Quote:
Twitter is a website, owned and operated by Twitter Inc., which offers a social networking and microblogging service, enabling its users to send and read other users' messages called tweets. Tweets are text-based posts of up to 140 characters displayed on the user's profile page. Tweets are publicly visible by default, however senders can restrict message delivery to their friends list. Users may subscribe to other users' tweets—this is known as following and subscribers are known as followers.

--From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia--

I have been avoiding Twitter like it was the plague since I heard about it a few years ago. I just felt that it was nothing more than a fad that I didn't have time to learn about or time to commit to (I still don't FaceBook!). I signed up for Twitter about 2 weeks ago, and now I am hooked.

I have been able to network with hams from accross the country, keep up with current events, and participate in an EchoLink net comprised solely of hams who met on Twitter. When I finish this post, I am going to see if I can find RV enthusiatsts on Twitter. The best part is that it only takes a couple of minutes to view your Tweets since messages are limited to 140 characters!

So, do you Twitter? Why or why not? What is your Twitter handle?

You can follow me on Twitter @Chris_Seright
Extra Class Amateur (Ham) Radio Operator, VE, SKYWARN Storm Spotter, ARES Volunteer, TSA Security Officer, Full-time RV dweller (Amarillo TX for now), webmaster www.PanhandleARES.org, Married to ke5zru!

KE5ZRT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
echolink, twitter