Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Old 08-03-2011, 07:42 PM   #1
Radio
Administrator

Default How hot is it?

It's hot here in Atlanta. Really hot. 104 degrees in the parking lot at work.

The power is sagging to about 115 vac, and my air conditioners just can't keep up, trying to cool the house when all they have to work with is low line voltage and 96 degree air to cool the condenser.

They keep shutting down It's 84 degrees in the upstairs bedroom. We've turned off everything we don't have to have to lighten the load.

So for all those Rodney Dangerfield fans out there...How hot is it

It's so hot...

KU4OJ "Wade" Ships Captain, CFO, Chief Engineer
KG4DQQ "Kathy" 1st Officer, Navigator, Best Friend
2007 F-150 SuperCab - 2009 Rockwood 8280SS
Lot's of mostly Kenwood stuff

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:59 PM   #2
Andy N1ORK

Send a message via Yahoo to Andy N1ORK Send a message via Skype™ to Andy N1ORK

Not bad up here in Quebec, Canada. It's about 73F and dry. Back to CT tomorrow and in the 80s. Stay cool down there and don't forget to hydrate!
Andy - n1ork/VE2

SkyWarn, CERT, EmComm
Andy N1ORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:39 PM   #3
W5DOK
Old Member

It's so hot in Texas that they're beatin the p*** out of the bullfrogs to keep the ponds from going dry.
However-------up here in Colorado, it's in the mid 40's at night and mid 70's during the day.
W5DOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:43 AM   #4
KC1BUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
It's hot here in Atlanta. Really hot. 104 degrees in the parking lot at work.

The power is sagging to about 115 vac, and my air conditioners just can't keep up, trying to cool the house when all they have to work with is low line voltage and 96 degree air to cool the condenser.

They keep shutting down It's 84 degrees in the upstairs bedroom. We've turned off everything we don't have to have to lighten the load.

So for all those Rodney Dangerfield fans out there...How hot is it

It's so hot...

It had been hot here and unofficially a triple digit day or two, but it finally broke here and the humidity, which can get bad here has been low. Which I am grateful for it allows me to do more. When it gets real humid I hide in the air-conditioned house.

Yesterday and today I am running the cable for a new COLOR rear-view camera and a larger monitor. The old monitor was B&W and 5 inch I am replacing it with a 7 inch TFT screen.
When I was younger it was much easier to crawl around on my back under vehicles, this job should have only taken a few hours, now not so much.
Love to
KC1BUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:46 AM   #5
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Well, you could always check the temp in the zip code contained in the following paragraph:

Hell, Michigan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hell is situated 3 miles (4.8 km) southwest of Pinckney via Patterson Lake Road. The community is served by the Pinckney post office with ZIP Code 48169. ...

That way you'd know if your city was hotter than Hell (Michigan) which Atlanta.. IS!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:05 PM   #6
Radio
Administrator

Default The sky splits from horizon to horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by W5DOK View Post
It's so hot in Texas that they're beatin the p*** out of the bullfrogs to keep the ponds from going dry.
I had just picked me up fish and was about to squeeze him just to get a drink...when thunder tore the skies wide open and it has been raining hard here, near violent thunderstorm, for the last hour. Me and the fish both had us a drink.

This morning on the way to work I was headed north to the Atlanta airport in the pre-dawn darkness. There was an enormous thunderstorm centered right over downtown Atlanta, about 15 miles north of my location. Lightning started right at zero degrees on the compass, came straight down and branched out, branched out more and more until it filled the entire sky, filling my windshield from post to post and covering the entire city with the daylight of its brilliance.

It was so spectacular that a half hour later we discussed it at length in the shop morning meeting. One guy even noted the time of the event, 05:27 EDT. We all were coming from different directions, but we all saw it.

It continues to pour copious waters outside, the temperature continues to fall. God loves me and I'll sleep good tonight.

KU4OJ "Wade" Ships Captain, CFO, Chief Engineer
KG4DQQ "Kathy" 1st Officer, Navigator, Best Friend
2007 F-150 SuperCab - 2009 Rockwood 8280SS
Lot's of mostly Kenwood stuff

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #7
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

115 volts is well within spec for the air conditioners.

Thought I posted in this thread.. I posted a winkepdia article on the Pinckney Recretation area.. Included it's ZIP code. so you can go to Accuweather or any other weather site and look up how hot it is in Hell, Mi (A real city (well village) in Michigan, I have danced there and have the papers to prove it) that way you could find out if your city was .. Hotter.
Hell, Michigan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hell, Michigan is located in Michigan. Hell, Michigan ... The community is served by the Pinckney post office with ZIP Code 48169. ...
History - Name - Culture - Hell in popular culture
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell,_Michigan

Figured out what happened to that other post.... The reason it did not show up here is I posted it.. IN a DIFFERENT forum on a DIFFERENT host.. No wonder it was not here
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote