Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Old 06-27-2016, 10:23 PM   #1
electricflyer

Default June 27th Test Session

We had quite a night. This was our last test session for the Extra Class License before the question pool changes July 1, 2016. As a result all of our attendee's were testing for Extra. I was surprised that no one showed up for any of the other class licenses. We had 5 take the exam and 4 passed, so an 80% pass rate, which is less than our normal pass rate. The person that failed said he wasn't quite ready but decided to take a chance. He was a veteran of 39 years in the military, 29 years in the Army and 10 years in the Air Force, thanks for your service. I got the packet of new questions but I never even looked at them, I couldn't pass it again unless I did some serious study. A lot more digital and solid state questions.
One note: we have quite a group of VE's now, we had 9 VE's work this test session. I've seen nights where we could have used that many in the past.
So congratulations to the new Extra Class hams!
Marv
KT4W
electricflyer is offline   Reply With Quote