Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Old 11-26-2007, 09:30 AM   #1
Clay L

Default Howdy from WA5NMR

Hi y'all. Just got registered. I had a little problem due to pop-ups being blocked, but with a little advice from Wade got it done.

We are in Grand Junction CO right now visiting relatives and plan on heading on down to AZ Friday if the weather co-operates. We will be in the site next to K2RQB for the winter.

We live full time in our motor home and travel around seeing the country. Been doing that for five years now.

The only rig I have right now is an old Icom 2AT, but I plan on picking a used HF rig along the way.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:30 PM   #2
Radio
Administrator

Glad you figgered it out and welcome to ORR.net

I got a Icom 2AT that serves as an APRS radio. You just can't kill those things.

Radio
Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:04 PM   #3
N7OQ

Hi Clay glad you got it figured out and glad to have you aboard, the more the merrier. How fun it must be to camp full time. We are just weekend warrior but look forward to the time when we can retire and see the country.

73, Bill N7OQ
N7OQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:35 AM   #4
Clay L

Thanks Radio, appreciate the help.

Bill, we do enjoy the lifestyle. We are what I think of as accidental full timers.
In October of 2002 we started out on a projected 3 to 6 month trip to see relatives and old friends all around the country, then look for a new warmer and cheaper place than NH to live.
We had put the house in NH on the market and stored all our stuff so we wouldn't have to go back in the dead of winter if it happened to sell quickly.
It did sell in a month and after a year we realized we were having too much fun to settle down in a stick house - so five years later here we are still traveling around the US and loving it!

73 Clay
Old 11-27-2007, 09:23 AM   #5
kd5uzp

New here too! looks great... we have been rving for about 5 months. and love it. and a ham for four years. the RV rig is a mp 1000 and a home made antenna, 2 inch PVC with a wound coil (10 turns per inch) alligator clip and a 59 inch vertical and its good from 10 to 80. best at 20 and 40. ground plane kit as well. love building my own antennas. oh ya the tripod it sets on. people ask what is that for? we just came back from palo duro state park. great place to RV. even had a little snow. now we know the heater works... many thanks to the folks who created this forum. nice to have a place for people who have a common interest. 73's kd5uzp
kd5uzp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:48 AM   #6
aintgotnun
Admin. I guess..........

kd5uzp

welcome aboard

I also love Palo Duro Canyon State Park. One of my favorites. There and Davis Mountains State Park in West Texas.

greg

A radio that is.

End jihad
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote