Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Old 05-13-2013, 03:49 PM   #1
TXiceman

Default No more sticks and bricks!

For the past 10 days we have lived in the 5er parked in the driveway. Monday night will be the last day at the old homestead and Tuesday we move to the RV campground for 2 more months while I wait to retire in July.

The past two weekends we had a moving sale and liquated everything except for a couple of antiques and some keepsake items in a small storage cube.

We have accepted a volunteer host assignment at Black Bayou NWR at Monroe, La for a few months starting in August.
http://www.fws.gov/northlouisiana/blackbayoulake/

It is getting harder and harder to drag myself through another day at work...but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Ken
Base unit...Kenwood TS480HX, LDG AT200 Pro tuner, Eagle One Vertical and Windom 80 meter dipole.
Standard Schnauzer..her call is K9WOOF
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:28 PM   #2
NN5I
Carl, nn5i

Congrats! Now, since you won't ever use, or even look at, the stuff in the storage cube, get rid of it too.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:45 AM   #3
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Congrats on the new life.. A live with far far far less in the way of Taxes.

Folks ask about the cost of fuel (Gasoline) for my Class A... well since the property taxes on the "A" are less than 400 a year and on the house were over 3,000 a year (Likely closer to 4 by now) that is about 3,000 I have for Gasoline.. I spent over 200 a month on utilities (over 250 actually) I spend less than 100 a month on campground memberships, this includes Electric, Water and Sewer (I still have to buy less than 200 worth of propane a year) and about 100 a month on gasoline save for my semi-annual hike of 800 miles (about 400 worth of motion lotion each way).

I also pay an additional 120/month in parking in the winter.

I'd say given the tax reduction.. I'm not paying for gasoline, the Government is
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:11 AM   #4
TXiceman

Yes, when we started looking at the money flow, full-time RV is certainly lower money outflow. Our S&B taxes and insurance were about $5500 per year. Then there was the upkeep on the house for eventaully a new roof, paint, water well maintenance and septic system maintenance.

If you do any volunteer hosting at campgrounds, the site and and utilities are provided, so that much less to pay out.

But I had not equated the government funding my fuel bill. Way to go.

But for two more months, I will continue to work and we are parked in a nice RV campground. Then we get to hit the road.

Ken
Base unit...Kenwood TS480HX, LDG AT200 Pro tuner, Eagle One Vertical and Windom 80 meter dipole.
Standard Schnauzer..her call is K9WOOF
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote