Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2008, 04:14 AM   #1
WildOne

Default Hello from the woods of NH.

Howdy everyone! This is my first post here.

I'm N1WLD, Wayne, from southern NH. At least that's where I live and work. I spend most of my free time in the Great North Woods area with my wife. Both of us are lovers of the outdoors and spend lots of time on the atv's or the sleds. I'm also lucky enough to have a Mrs. that loves to fish, so we find ourselves out on the northern lakes quite often too!
We no longer have a rec vehicle, we sold our Sunnybrook 5er for 3 acres, a cabin, and a garage. I am, however, a veteran rv technician so I'm sure I can contribute something to these forums.
When we had the 5er, I used a modified Icom 706 with an expanded discone for communications. The discone was easy to assemble/disassemble and store. I carried 2 5ft mast sections and put them up with a side mounted antenna clamp. With a vhf & uhf tuner, I was able to use the rig for normal 6, 2, & 440, as well as marine and sometimes (when we had unlicensed guests) frs. (Oh, I forgot to mention I'm strictly NO CODE! Will soon upgrade to general, but prefer vhf/uhf for the small antenna sizes)
If any of you need help with problems in your rv, drop me a line. My specialty is appliances, but there's not much in the rigs I am unfamilier with. Maybe I can talk you thru a fix, or at least offer some advice.

Looking forward to having a qso with all of you.