Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Old 06-12-2015, 04:04 PM   #1
electricflyer

Default On the way back East

This place is one of my favorites. A CoE park just called "Service Park" with and address of Silas, AL which is 15 miles west of there but the park is only 3 miles west of Coffeeville, AL. There are about 14 pull-thru's right on the banks of the Tombigbee River. There is more river traffic on this little river than a I saw on the Mississippi River at Natchez. There is a lock and dam just one mile south of the park. Once again only water and electric for hookups. OTA tv is also limited to about 4 stations from Meredian, MS. Very quiet well kept campground. DW wants to spend more time here. We were here for 3 nights this time. Stayed here a couple times last year also. I had site #11 but will opt for either site #12 or #13 next time as there were prefectly level. Site #11 had a slight rise to the river bank. Check out the river traffic. If you ever stay here make sure you bring food along. The nearest (1) restaurant is 10 miles west, or if you don't like that place the next retaurant(s) is 40 miles west. A camper next to us had a chest freezer in the back of his PU.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010048.jpg (98.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg P1010053.jpg (84.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg P1010054.jpg (73.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg P1010055.jpg (89.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg P1010051.jpg (78.8 KB, 10 views)
electricflyer is offline   Reply With Quote