Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Old 09-10-2010, 02:18 PM   #1
Radio
Administrator

Default Remember to fly flags tomorrow, Sept 11

Mine is up.

Please do not forget the harm done to us 9 years ago by those who hate us for who we are.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0004.jpg (67.5 KB, 13 views)

KU4OJ "Wade" Ships Captain, CFO, Chief Engineer
KG4DQQ "Kathy" 1st Officer, Navigator, Best Friend
2007 F-150 SuperCab - 2009 Rockwood 8280SS
Lot's of mostly Kenwood stuff

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:13 PM   #2
Radio
Administrator

Budweiser put this together as a 9/11 tribute and only aired it once.

I was never moved by a beer commercial.
Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:50 AM   #3
aintgotnun
Admin. I guess..........

A very good one.

Never forget. Never give in. Never concede to their demands. Never Surrender. Never forget we are ONE NATION UNDER THE ONE TRUE GOD. There is none other than HE.

Somewhat related to today I found a nice article on one of the websites in my sig jihadwatch.org. Remember Christ was NOT the completely meek Person some would make Him out to be. He stood up for what is Right.

Quote:
In "What Would Jesus Do with a Qur'an? Actually, He Might Burn It," September 10, Tim Furnish details some of the crazy and violent reactions to the prospect of Qur'an-burning, and concludes:

These over-the-top screeds of victimization are making Reverend Jones appear more and more sympathetic. Burning a Qur'an is "tantamount to war?!" Doing so would "humiliate" 1.5 billion people? Jones is a "criminal" and "liar?" At this point, one could argue that Jones should go through with the burning of some Qur'ans just to demonstrate that 1) an American has First Amendment rights independent of threats and rent-a-mobs in the Middle East and South Asia; and 2) a Christian does not have to abide by the politically correct shibboleth that the Qur'an is a holy book. Most media analysts do not give this second point the justice it deserves, bending over backwards as they do (almost as far as the Obama Administration) to present the Islamic perspective in a positive light.
As a Christian, I do not accept that Muhammad received revelation from God, for many reasons (most of which would require a separate, and much longer, column), most saliently that he and his "revelation" deny (in Sura 4:157) the key doctrine of my, and 2.3 billion other Christians', faith: the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, to atone for the entire human race's sins. That does not mean Christians should run out to buy a Qur'an and toss it into the fireplace--but neither does it mean that we have to pay Muslim-mandated obeisance to its alleged "holiness," either.

And contra the alleged "hate-mongering" of conservative radio, I have heard a number of AM talk show hosts, and their callers, the past few days disparaging Reverend Jones for his "un-Christ-like" attitude--stating for certain that "Jesus would never burn a Qur'an." Actually, since it denies the key element of His role in the universe--His crucifixion and resurrection--I think He might very well approve of burning at least THAT part of the Qur'an; I also doubt that Jesus would have any problem with consigning to the flames the ayahs in Islamic scriptures that mandate attacking non-Muslims (Surah 9:5ff), beheading them (Surah 47:3 and 8:12) and beating one's wives (Surah 4:34)--just to name a few of the more egregious passages. Furthermore, Jesus cursed and killed a fig tree that was not bearing fruit (Matthew 21:18ff; Mark 11:12ff) and ran money-lenders out of the Temple with a whip (John 2:15)--so, as G.K. Chesterton ably points out in The Everlasting Man (pp. 190-91), the "meek and mild Jesus" of popular imagination is NOT the only facet of His personality. Reverend Terry Jones is certainly not Jesus, but even a fundamentalist Pentecostal clock is right twice a day.

May Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ Bless our men and women in uniform and may he Bless the United States of America.

If you for some reason do not believe in Christ Jesus, I will pray for you.

A radio that is.

End jihad
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:19 PM   #4
KF5BET

Mine is flying in the front yard as I type this.....

I totally agree Greg!
Kendra - KF5FYS dd
Maggie - Cat chaser
2005 F250, 1996 Nomad
KF5BET is offline   Reply With Quote