Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Old 05-21-2014, 01:58 PM   #1
electricflyer

Default Television Wall Mount

Got 2 TV wall mounts from Walmart.com for the TT. For anyone interested in putting up a wall mount, they are all over the place and the trick is to find the one that works for you. Since a TT rides a lot rougher than a MH I found it necessary to be able to remove the TV during transport. I got a small mount, model EMW3301, that sells for 17.98 + tax. That model makes it easy to lift the TV on or off the mount. Actually I got two. This one will work for most 13" to 37" televisions. I have a 29" for the living area and a 17" for the bedroom.
A little advise based on my experience. The little stick on label that says "TV Wall Mount" is not placed in the center of where you would assume the backer board to be! Before you drill a hole to mount the device I suggest you find the smallest drill you can put your hands on and drill a pilot hole first. That way when you miss the backer board it won't be so hard to cover up. I found that the stick on label is near the top edge of the backer board. I called FR to find out how big the backer board is and the excellent customer service person didn't have a clue and didn't really want to find out so he could help. But, anyway, mission accomplished. Another suggestion, if you are going to remove your TV for transport get a push on coax adapter, female screw on to male push on F connector. I got mine from Radio Shack (p/n 278-218) which is by far not the cheapest but by luck they were able to put their hands on one. I leave the coax on the TV so a adapter is only needed for one end. Also nice to have the adapters for outside cable hookup.
Marv
KT4W
electricflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:49 PM   #2
NN5I
Carl, nn5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricflyer View Post
Got 2 TV wall mounts from Walmart.com
Marv, does that make it a Walmount?
Old 05-21-2014, 04:43 PM   #3
electricflyer

Works for me.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:26 AM   #4
N3LYT

I have a camper that the previous owner mounted a TV bracket to a wall stud no big deal except for the fact that the screws were only about 1/2 " too long for the depth of the wall panel,stud and aluminum siding. Nothing a little bondo, paint and hours of labor couldn't take care of just a heads up for those thinking about mounting one, campers are not very thick.
N3LYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:56 AM   #5
NN5I
Carl, nn5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3LYT View Post
I have a camper that the previous owner mounted a TV bracket to a wall stud no big deal except for the fact that the screws were only about 1/2 " too long for the depth of the wall panel,stud and aluminum siding. Nothing a little bondo, paint and hours of labor couldn't take care of just a heads up for those thinking about mounting one, campers are not very thick.
Previous owner, eh? A likely story.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:22 AM   #6
electricflyer

I didn't use the lag screws that came with the mount, they were 2 1/2" long. I checked the wall between the bedroom and living area and it is 1 3/4" thick so I figured this would most likely be the other wall thickness but I didn't want to risk it so I got 1 1/4" lag screws for the job. The wall behind the tv mount is for the shower.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:23 AM   #7
N3LYT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NN5I View Post
Previous owner, eh? A likely story.
I have done some real bone head things but I can't take credit for that one. here is my TV mount after some interior work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3362 (1024x768).jpg (63.3 KB, 31 views)
N3LYT is offline   Reply With Quote