Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Open Roads Radio forum for Ham, Amateur Radio and RV camping

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2014, 07:14 PM   #1
electricflyer

Default More new Hams

I am a ARRL VE team leader in the NW Atlanta area. Also a VE for CAVEC and W5YI groups. On Saturday January 24, 2014 we had our final class for General license upgrades and had 10 people take the exam. Of the 10 we had 7 that were successful and are now able to get on HF. Then on Monday the 27th we had our regular monthly test session. We had 7 people come in for exams and we had 7 people pass their exams. We now have 4 new hams that passed the Tech exam, 2 upgrades to General and 1 make it to the top and pass the Extra exam.
For any of you that are in the area of Dallas, GA on the 4th Monday of the month and want to upgrade or take a Tech exam please stop by and see us.
For more information just go to the ARRL.ORG web site and look under "Exams" Actually there are exam sessions every week in the Atlanta area somewhere. My team may be the only ones to test on a week day (there may be one other but I can't say for sure). Most test on Saturday or Sunday. I get the people that have to work weekends a some of those come for quite a distance away.
For other information about our test sessions you can go to: www.pauldingarc.com
See you there.
Marv
KT4W
electricflyer is offline   Reply With Quote