I use these on my 2007 F-150. They are not clip on.
They are reasonable but not perfect.
1. If the web belt gets wet, it will become loose and require tightening.
2. The curbside mirror is tough to adjust.
3. Once adjusted and the hardware tightened, they can be removed and if you don't slam them around they are still in adjustment when you put them back on.
4. I keep a 1/2 inch wrench in my door pocket to adjust/tighten the mirrors.
5. They do not block the built in turn signal in the factory mirror.
6. There is a small amount of vibration no matter what you do. I live with it.
7. They have never left a mark/scratch on my truck, although the web belt leaves a dirty place on your door.
I want to add a convex spot mirror to these. There is plenty of room on the frame to put one. Just haven't got to it yet.
My brother uses clip on mirrors on his Toyota. Thinks they are mediocre at best. (same opinion I have of my mirrors) I guess if they aren't factory, they're just not that great.