PDA

View Full Version : Radio's Radio Room Re-do

Radio
07-26-2009, 08:06 PM
After giving away a bunch of furniture, cleaning up the radio room and the rest of the basement, then adding all my books, (and their book cases) bringing my old school stereo out of retirement, and then relieving certain upstairs rooms of certain bits of furniture, the radio room is reborn. :cheer:

Used to be it was just me down here with Dottie. (Bless her heart, :( we just had to put her down) Now the whole family follows me down here.

Go figure. :rabbit:

Andy N1ORK
07-27-2009, 05:34 AM
Great looking Shack Wade! I can just imagine all the cabling and wiring behind that wall of radios. How do you get to that? Is there a secret room behind it?
Nice job and great pics!

Radio
07-27-2009, 01:20 PM
Oh that's easy, the table rests permanently on those little furniture mover disks. It takes a bit of effort, but the whole thing will slide out from the wall about 30"

KB5LJE
07-27-2009, 02:02 PM
I am JEALOUS!!!! That is NICE!!!

One Country Boy
07-28-2009, 12:54 PM
Yep, I'm envious too. Nice setup Wade. I noticed the old Georgia license plate hanging on the wall. All I can see is "4FIG", is that an old call ?

Good job. If you should decide to get rid of any of that "junque", you have my address and the phone nbr is in the book. I can be there in less than 6 hours.:whistle:

Radio
07-29-2009, 02:29 PM
All I can see is "4FIG", is that an old call ?

Yeah I was N4FIG for a long time. Even when I upgraded to Advanced I kept it cause it was easy for people to remember. But I eventually grew tired of the old farts on the repeater calling me Mr. Figgy and not recalling my name. :rabbit: So back in the 90's some time I came up for renewal and told them to pick me a 2x2 out of the hat.

Then I got KU4OJ.

My Sweet Wife's KG4DQQ plate is up there too, but not in the frame of the pic. I have a KU4OJ plate on both ends of the truck, I guess another 10 years and I'll have an extra one of those to put on the wall. :radio:

One Country Boy
07-30-2009, 06:59 AM
That reminds me, I need to go ahead and file with the State of Florida for my call on our truck tag. I've not had one in years and it renews in December.

jagco
07-30-2009, 01:27 PM
Nice shack! I'm envious too.

KF5BET
08-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Wish I had that much room..... Very nice!

Actually...I wish I had a room... (still working on that!)

W7PSK
08-03-2009, 03:43 PM
You got plans for the desk, my 25-30 year old metal desk I got from Navy Surplus is finally giving in :D

Radio
08-03-2009, 07:23 PM
You got plans for the desk, my 25-30 year old metal desk I got from Navy Surplus is finally giving in :D

PM me with your email and I will take some really big pictures and send to you.

My son Matt said he would volunteer to make a dimensioned drawing.

The desk is made from:
9 2x4 studs
1 sheet of plywood
carriage bolts and lag bolts
finishing nails and glue

And now I have to get out of Matt's way cause he's hovering around me with a measuring tape and a pencil!

w6pea
08-08-2009, 07:12 PM
You want to come to my condo and dig the basement and then build my radio room? All kiddin' aside looks great. Well done
73 de w6pea

W7PSK
08-10-2009, 11:05 AM
PM Sent