Usually the Suggestion box is for members to suggest to the admin/mod staff the things they think would improve the ORR.net experience and the value of the forum to the members.
We're going to turn it around, and suggest to the members a few things you can do to help the ORR.net footprint on the internet.
1. On the forum page, we have a Facebook "like" tool. Give it a click. Your friends on Facebook can then find ORR.net from your Facebook profile. This will help us grow.
2. Use the "Google +1" button. Here is how it works. Each time you come across a really good thread (article) on ORR.net, you click the "+1" button on the page for that thread/article. The Google search robots will then take a good look at that page, and when listed on Google, your friends on Google will see "recommended by...you" and the article gets a boost in rank on Google.
3. When you post, use the tag tool. Some of you do that. That helps us with our rankings, too.
4. In a few weeks we will construct a "ORR.net friends and supporters" link page. A button on the portal and forum pages will take you there. There will be several kinds of links here,
- Reciprocal links, links to sites that have links back to us.
- Links to paid advertising sponsors
- Links to sites we just think are helpful.
If you wish to contribute a link, please email your suggestion. [email protected]
. The link page will increase our footprint on the web, and make us easier to find. (search engines like links)
5. Paid Advertising. We plan to add some paid advertising, that is, direct support of ORR.net. If you can suggest an RV/Ham Radio business that would like to support ORR.net, email me at [email protected]